SHAW'S LEADERSHIP ACADEMY FOCUS
The focus of the Leadership Academy is to prepare all students to be college bound, career, and life ready, successful citizens in the 21st Century through the core exploration of law, public safety and human relations. This theme is to be incorporated into the core subjects. Teachers facilitate rigorous and relevant instruction based on the standards and correlate it to current and real life events. Students are taught in student-centered classrooms and teachers maintain high expectations for academic attainment.
SHAW'S LEADERSHIP ACADEMY GOALS
- Focus on academic achievement
- Clear curriculum choices
- Frequent assessment of student progress
- Multiple opportunities for student improvement.
- Individual student plans to meet the students’ needs academically and psychosocially
Students interested in the Leadership Academy:
- Like to debate or “argue” positions
- Like to analyze situations, then create and implement solutions
- Are natural leaders and generally choose to lead group projects
- Are dedicated and committed to service and improving their community and/or society
- Believe in justice, equity and liberty for all