The East Cleveland City School District is a great place to learn and work. We have a plethora of programs and activities in the areas of academics, support services, and special education to meet the needs of all children. Currently, our preschool program is housed at Superior Elementary School located at 1865 Garfield Road. Our school district has a diverse selection of preschool learning environments to fit the varied learning styles of our young scholars.
Step Up To Quality (SUTQ) is a five–star quality rating and improvement system administered by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Step Up to Quality recognizes and promotes learning and development programs that meet quality program standards that exceed licensing health and safety regulations. The program standards are based on national research identifying standards which lead to improved outcomes for children. Superior Elementary School’s Preschool Program has received a 5 star rating. The highest rating is 5 star.
- Two 3 year old full day classrooms (1:9 ratio) which are each staffed by one classroom teacher and a licensed paraprofessional.
- Two 4 year old full day classrooms (1:9) which are each staffed by one classroom teacher and a licensed paraprofessional.
PRESCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES
- 3E Star- The 3 E Star program is a collaborative preschool and primary (K-2nd) program between the East Cleveland City School District and the Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County. It consists of two intensive intervention special education preschool classes and one intensive intervention K-2 classroom that offers extensive social and emotional support, in addition to speech, occupational and physical therapies as indicated by a student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP). Each classroom is staffed by a licensed special education teacher and two licensed paraprofessionals. All instruction is guided by Ohio’s Early learning standards, the AEPS curriculum and Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- One inclusion classroom (1:6 ratio) servicing three and four year olds which is staffed by one special education teacher and a licensed paraprofessional.
- Primary and intermediate Multiple Disabilities classrooms to service our school age children.
- School Social Worker
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Bellefaire school-based counseling
- Ohio Guidestone school-based counseling
- Case Mobile Dental Services
- Ronald McDonald Mobile Health Services
- Full-time school nurse
- Rigorous High Scope Curriculum (PreK)/ AEPS for 3E Star
- STAR Early Learning formative assessments
- Recipient of Ohio’s Early Childhood Education Expansion grant
- Early Learning Initiative- PreK collaboration with University Circle Museums
- Full day preschool classes
- A caring and knowledgeable highly qualified Preschool staff