Choices Girls group is open forum of communication for 7th and 8th grade female students. We provide an extra opportunity of learning the life skill of effective communication. The program instills confidence in young ladies who face the challenges of daily life by substituting aggressive forms of communicating and problem solving with new strategies that allow them to gain a solid reputation and respect without retaliating.
Key Componets to Choices are:
- Teamwork and friendship building
- Self-love and confidence
- nd authority figures
- Being assertive
- Healthy relationships with friends, family a
- Setting standards and expectations
- Conflict resolution
- Body image
- Improve their attitude and behavior
- Improve confidence and positive identity development
- Improve relationships with peers
- Learn how to express themselves verbally, emotionally and physically
- Understand how to use self-control when angry, scared or upset
Through our weekly meetings, we aim to empower students to build self-esteem, develop their strengths and leadership abilities, live up to their highest potential and motivate each other to become more influential voices in their community.