Fathers and other male mentors were encouraged to bring their kids to school on Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Thirty-nine of Mayfair’s fathers, uncles, grandfathers, and stepfathers all stepped up to support the education of children in their lives and took the following pledge:
- I am responsible for the education of my child.
- I will encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
- I will speak to my child about the value of learning and the importance of reaching your potential.
- I will help with school work and review assignments for completion.
- I will praise my child when he/she does well in school.
- I will speak with my child’s teachers and support them in educating my child.
- I will teach my child the value of education and the value of family.
- I will work with my child’s mother or guardian to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I do not live with my child
Mayfair Elementary School is proud to participate in this Fatherhood Initiative Program that broaden the fatherhood conversation and let people know that Dads matter!