The goals of School Health Services include the following:
- To maintain and improve the health and well being of students through a program of providing services that include health appraisals, physical examination, control of infectious disease, first aid and emergency care, and the encouragement of the corrections of health problems.
- To promote the understanding of health and healthily life-style choices through a health services education program that encompasses counseling of students, parents, teacher and the school community (excluding formal teaching in the classroom setting).
- To effectively communicate with students and parents in a professional manner which fosters kindness and understanding of the issue or health problem at hand.
New Immunization Requirements
for 7th & 12th Grade
The Ohio Department of Health has revised the School Immunization Requirements for the 2016-2017 school year. Please make an appointment with your child’s health care provider to check that their immunizations are up to date prior to the start of school.
Students entering the 7th grade are required to have:
- One dose of the Meningococcal Vaccine & one dose of the Tdap Booster Vaccine prior to the start of school.
Students entering the 12th grade are required to have:
- Two doses of the Meningococcal Vaccine prior to the start of school. If the first dose was given on or after the 16th birthday, a second dose is not required. If a pupil is in 12th grade and is 15 years of age or younger, only 1 dose is required.
Your healthcare provider can give you a copy of the updated immunization record to reflect that the Tdap Booster and Meningococcal Vaccines have been administered. Please send Tdap/Meningococcal documentation to your school nurse via fax, in person, or with your student.
Shaw High School Wellness Center
Heritage Middle School