A Message from the Caledonia Family
Your Caledonia Family wants to welcome you to a brand new year…a brand new decade!!!! The 2019-2020 academic year has reached its midpoint and there are roughly 50 days before state testing. Your Caledonia Family has been busy analyzing data and we have discovered a glaring area of concern…MATH. The staff conducted a root cause analysis and over 97% of our instructors declared that our students are lacking in math fundamentals. We have crafted a response that will effectively address this deficit in real time. Each week will focus on an area and
Friday students will be rewarded for their efforts for overall, improvement and achievement. The whole initiative will be framed in a fun fashion, which is the way your Caledonia Family likes to do it. Stay tuned for information and updates regarding the Fun Fact Friday Initiative!!
Attendance remains a point of emphasis. Last month, we met the state standard at 93.1 but fell short of our overall goal. January 13, 2020 kicks our Perfect Attendance Extravaganza Part II. Make sure your children are present, so they will be able to participate in all the fun activities and be eligible to receive the prizes on January 31, 2020 at the Perfect Attendance Extravaganza. Seventy –One students had a ball at the inaugural celebration. The students received wonderful prizes AND prizes were raffled off to parents, as well. The January 31 st event will feature the same. You and your child could walk away with something special to commemorate and celebrate this achievement.
Mark your Calendars
Event Date Time Location
1. Fun Fact Friday Campaign 1/13-5/29
2. Perfect Attendance Campaign Part II 1/13-30
3. Lockhart’s Word Wall Challenge 1/13-31
4. Classified Professional Development (no school) 1/17/20
5. MLK Scholar Assembly 1/27/20 1:45pm Gym
6. Perfect Attendance Extravaganza 1/31
If you have any questions or concerns, please call (216) 268-6690.
Mr. Charles R. McCants, Principal
914 Caledonia Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44112
Main Office 216.268.6690
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
School Starts: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:20 p.m.
Special Points to Remember
• Breakfast is served from 8:00 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
• School starts are 8:30 a.m.
• Students are tardy at 8:40 a.m.
• Tardy students must report to the office to obtain a tardy pass.
• Please call the office when your child is going to be absent at 216-268-6690.
• When absent, all students should return with a note to excuse their absence.
• Please complete and return Registration, Emergency Medical and Household Information Forms.