Dear Parent/ Guardians:
On behalf of the Superior Elementary School staff, I am happy to welcome you and your family to the 2019-2020 school year! We are looking forward to a positive partnership with you to ensure your children achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be academically successful, our children need support from both home and school. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experiences. Breakfast is served from 8:00am until 8:30am and class begins at 8:30am.
- Completes all classwork and homework assignments given by teachers.
- Reads daily for at least 20 minutes to develop a love for reading and improve literacy skills.
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to be a productive citizen.
In an effort to stay abreast of your child’s progress, I encourage you to utilize ProgressBook to monitor your child’s assignments/grades, view report cards and progress reports and monitor his/her attendance. Directions for accessing ProgressBook and your parent log in information will be sent home with your child during the week of August 26th. I am also extending an invitation to our Curriculum Night on September 10, 2019 at 5:00pm. Additionally, we look forward to meeting with you during our Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences which will be held on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and 6:00pm to 8:00pm. At this time you will have the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher, get an update of their current progress, learn about the expectations for the school year and sign up to volunteer within the building. We hope that you are able to attend this event to reinforce the vital partnership between home and school.
In conclusion, we appreciate the privilege of participating in your child’s academic journey. As a staff, we are committed to providing challenging and individualized instruction that promotes critical thinking and technological skills. We encourage you to remain involved by maintaining open lines of communication with school staff, attending school events and volunteering within our building. To that end, please feel free to call me at 216-268-6670 should you have any questions or concerns. Thank you in advance for your continued support during this school year!
Shawna M. LeSure, M. Ed
1865 Garfield Avenue
East Cleveland, OH 44112
Main Office 216-268-6670
Main Office 216-268-6671
Main Office 216-268-6673
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
School Starts: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:20 p.m.
Special Points to Remember
• Breakfast is served from 8:00 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
• School starts are 8:30 a.m.
• Students are tardy at 8:40 a.m.
• Tardy students must report to the office to obtain a tardy pass.
• Please call the office when your child is going to be absent at 216-268-6670.
• When absent, all students should return with a note to excuse their absence.
• Please complete and return Registration, Emergency Medical and Household Information Forms.